unreal editor not loading / hanging at 39% (4.26)

I've encountered hangs at these two percentages now - looking at the task manager, it seems like shaders are being recompiled, I think if you're patient and wait a long time (like more than 15 mins, maybe 30 mins) it might actually eventually load....
 

However if you're not, like me - for the 39% case, I found online that the "solution" is to rename the "Config" folder within your game project to "Config_Old" or something else. That should get the editor loading up fully. However it does wipe all of your project settings, so I think you'll either have to copy those back in, or load a preset or just make sure you set them all again! 



Frustrating stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Android Vulkan/ES3.1 preview doesn't match Shader Model 5/DX11 view